Egg Muffins are my favorite breakfast food. I began making these a few years ago when I started CrossFitting and eating more on the Paleo side. These can be made with a variety of ingredients, so feel free to be creative.
Ingredients: Yields a dozen muffins
- 2.5 – 3 cups broccoli florets (1/2 to 3/4 inch pieces)
- 1/2 lb or so breakfast sausage or bacon
- 10-12 eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- Coconut or olive oil
- Salt and Pepper
- Pre-heat oven @ 350 degrees (I have not had good luck with convection ovens)
- Cook sausage thoroughly into small crumbles in a saute pan
- Saute or blanch broccoli (I usually saute it in the sausage drippings pan)
- Mix eggs and milk in large bowl with a little bit of salt and pepper
- Layer ingredients in lightly grease the muffin pan
- Pour egg over top of layered ingredients, to just below the lip.
- Bake in oven for 25 – 30 minutes
This is my Paleo version, my non-Paleo version includes shredded hash brown potato and shredded cheddar cheese.