This is a great little work out that can be done just about anywhere; at home in your living room, outside in the park or your driveway, in your office or even in a hotel room. This AMRAP is also easy enough to invite your kids to work out with you.
12 Minute AMRAP (As Many Rounds or Reps as Possible in 12 Minutes)
- 5 Push Ups
- 10 Sit Ups
- 15 Air Squats
- Push Ups: Keep a nice flat back, try not to let you butt sag or point up in the air, lower down till your chest touches the floor then push up till your arms are at full extension. Modify these by doing them from your knees if you can’t do a full push up with legs fully extended.
- Sit Ups: Sit on the floor with the bottoms of your feet together so you legs make a diamond shape. Lower your torso to lay flat on the ground, touch your hands to the ground above your head, sit up and touch your toes. Substitute crunches with your knees in the air if you can’t perform a full sit up.
- Air Squats: Feet shoulder width apart, toes pointing to 11 and 1. Do you best to squat below parallel and stand all the way up till your hips are fully open. Sit to a kitchen chair if you if you have strength or mobility issues.
- A watch, a timer on your phone or even a kitchen timer will work.
- Optionally, a mat to do your sit ups on.
- A chair if you need assistance with the squats.
- Don’t go so fast that your form breaks down in any of the movements. You will get the most of it by going through full range of motion.
- For kids under 13y/o you might consider scaling the time frame down to no more than 8 minutes.
- This one worked my core the most.
- Have fun and don’t forget to breathe.
I did this WOD in the driveway the other afternoon and got 15 rounds plus 10 reps.